Match & Club Insurance FAQ’s

All clubs and members of the EDVA must have Public Liability Insurance (Item 4 of the EDVA constitution), for most clubs this is included in their EVA / VE annual membership. In order to reduce the cost of sports hall hire, various clubs within the association have agreed to use their own insurance (instead of purchasing cover from their venues), this includes clubs like Torexe and all clubs that use the EDVA Volleyball Centre at Exeter School.

The EVA have released an updated Insurance FAQ’s document, stating what is required and what is covered or not covered etc. Please remember that clubs, event organizers, coaches and referee etc can also arrange their own cover outside of the EVA. All players taking part in a sporting activity should also consider taking out Personal Sports Injury cover, this is particularly relevant to any players who is self employed.